Simple Salmon Dip Recipe
This is my go-to dip recipe for summer barbecues. The secret is the green chilies—they add just enough heat. —Susan Jordan, Denver, Colorado
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons canned chopped green chilies
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 green onions, chopped, divided
- 2 ounces smoked salmon fillet
- Assorted crackers or toasted French bread baguette slices
- 1. In a small bowl, mix cream cheese, green chilies, lemon juice and half of the green onions. Flake salmon into small pieces; stir into cream cheese mixture. Refrigerate, covered, at least 2 hours before serving.
- 2. Top dip with remaining green onion. Serve with crackers. Yield: 1-1/4 cups.
3 tablespoons (calculated wtihout crackers) equals 107 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 246 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC