Simple Salisbury Steak
Fresh mushrooms and cream of mushroom soup create the speedy simmered sauce that covers these ground beef patties. The family-pleasing entree is perfect for a busy weeknight. Elouise Bonar of Hanover, Illinois
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted, divided
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon browning sauce, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, bread crumbs, 1/4 cup soup and
- onion. Crumble the beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into six
- patties. In a large nonstick skillet, brown the patties on both
- sides; drain.
- In a small bowl, combine the milk, browning sauce if desired, salt
- and remaining soup; stir in mushrooms. Pour over patties. Reduce
- heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until a meat thermometer
- reads 160° and meat is no longer pink. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1 patty with 1/4 cup sauce) equals 212 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 599 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber,