- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted, divided
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon browning sauce, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, bread crumbs, 1/4 cup soup and onion. Crumble the beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into six patties. In a large nonstick skillet, brown the patties on both sides; drain.
- In a small bowl, combine the milk, browning sauce if desired, salt and remaining soup; stir in mushrooms. Pour over patties. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and meat is no longer pink. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Simple Salisbury Steak
Sort By :
Flavorful and easy to make. Will definitely make this again!
Quick, easy, and tasty. I make it exactly as the recipe says, and my family devours it every time. It's become a regular meal in my household.
Used 2 bouillon cubes in 1 cup of water to the sauce baked 350 for 40 min. Did not use mushrooms.
The mushrooms/sauce really makes this dish. It was great, easy to put together and we will definitely make it again.
I love this recipe, it is easy to make and company is generally impressed.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >