Simple Roasted Pepper Tortellini
Fast impromptu refregerated pasta can turn anytime into pasta time. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 jars roasted sweet red peppers, drained
- 1 can pizza sauce
- Shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, cook
- sausage and onion in a large skillet over medium heat until meat is
- no longer pink; drain.
- Process the peppers in a food processor until smooth. Add the
- peppers, pizza sauce and drained tortellini to the skillet; heat
- through. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.