Fast impromptu refregerated pasta can turn anytime into pasta time. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (20 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 jars (7 ounces each) roasted sweet red peppers, drained
- 1 jar (14 ounces) pizza sauce
- Shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, cook sausage and onion in a large skillet over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Process the peppers in a food processor until smooth. Add the peppers, pizza sauce and drained tortellini to the skillet; heat through. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Roasted Pepper Tortellini in Simple & Delicious December/January 2013, p31
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Simple Roasted Pepper Tortellini
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review