- 1 package refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 jars roasted sweet red peppers, drained
- 1 can pizza sauce
- Shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, cook sausage and onion in a large skillet over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Process the peppers in a food processor until smooth. Add the peppers, pizza sauce and drained tortellini to the skillet; heat through. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a medium red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Santa Margherita Chianti Classico Reserva Italy 2009. Initial tastes of fruits and spice move to herbal notes for a long smooth finish. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now
Reviews for Simple Roasted Pepper Tortellini
Sort By :
I made this yesterday and it was very good and so easy to make with few ingredients. I know we will make it again . . . thanks for a good yet simple recipe!
This was good, but a bit boring. Really didn't have much zip. Easy to make.
Simple and easy loved it.