- 2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries
- 1 cup pitted fresh, frozen or canned tart cherries
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter
- In a large bowl, combine raspberries and cherries. Stir in the sugar, tapioca and lemon juice. Let stand for 1 hour.
- Line pie plate with bottom crust; add the filling. Dot with butter. Top with a lattice crust.
- Bake at 450° for 10 minutes; reduce heat to 350°. Bake 30 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Raspberry/Cherry Pie in Country Woman May/June 1995, p23
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Simple Raspberry Cherry Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review