Simple Pork Chop Dinner
Canned soup creates a comforting gravy for tender pork and potatoes in this simple meal-in-one from Mike Avery of Battle Creek, Michigan. Feel free to vary the amount of onion soup mix in the recipe to suit your family's tastes.
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 6 to 8 medium carrots (1 pound), coarsely chopped
- 3 to 4 medium potatoes, cubed
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick)
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- Place carrots and potatoes in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Top with pork
- chops, onion, soup mix and soup. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours
- or until meat and vegetables are tender. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA
, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum flavors...a perfectly balanced lighter wine. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $59.99. Order Now