Simple Pork Chop Dinner Recipe
Canned soup creates a comforting gravy for tender pork and potatoes in this simple meal-in-one from Mike Avery of Battle Creek, Michigan. Feel free to vary the amount of onion soup mix in the recipe to suit your family's tastes.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Cook: 6 hours YIELD:4 servings
- 6 to 8 medium carrots (1 pound), coarsely chopped
- 3 to 4 medium potatoes, cubed
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick)
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1. Place carrots and potatoes in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Top with pork chops, onion, soup mix and soup. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC