- 6 to 8 medium carrots (1 pound), coarsely chopped
- 3 to 4 medium potatoes, cubed
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick)
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- Place carrots and potatoes in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Top with pork chops, onion, soup mix and soup. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Simple Pork Chop Dinner
"My husband loved it! One of the best dishes he has ever had!"
"made this for dinner last night. My husband loved it, I thought it was good but could use a little more seasoning. The pork chops were very tender. Will make again."
"Easy and delicious. We loved it."
"This was super easy to make and the gravy was fantastic. I will be making this again."
"I browned chops first, changed the onion soup mix for leek soup mix,used salt free mushroom soup, and added some sliced fresh mushrooms. I left out the potatoes and used mashed ones for a side with the gravy. It was wonderful. I will be making this again."
"Easy! Delicious! Family really like this ... thinking I could omit the chunk potatoes, and use the gravy on mashed potatoes since have to make 2 entrees some nights due to picky eaters :( On the seasoning issue-- I used some No Salt seasoning and healthy Request Mushroom Soup (due to sodium in onion soup mix). No one complained! Thanks! This recipe is a winner."
"Made it today an it was a hit with the family."
"I browned the chops in oil before putting in the slow cooker. My family loved this recipe and asked me to make it again!"
"Very good comforting meal. Easy to put together. I used two cans of cream of chicken since I did not have mushroom and it was delicious. Pork just fell apart. Thanks for the recipe!"
"This is a quick easy meal to throw together before work and leave to cook all day!"