Simple Pecan Pie Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar and butter. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 2. For filling, in a small bowl, whisk the corn syrup, brown sugar, eggs, butter, vanilla and salt; stir in pecans. Pour over crust. Bake 18-23 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 each: 89 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 51mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Simple Pecan Pie
"I made these tonight, and they are AMAZING! Not too thick...not too much...a light dessert with the full flavor a pecan pie. Such a nice crust, too! It was so easy to make. I used light butter to cut the butter calories in half and sliced it into 18 bars so they'd be about the size of a brownie, and they came in at 147 calories each. Yum! Worth every calorie. I had two! This recipe is definitely a keeper. They slice up nicely because the crust holds up well. Delicious!"
"This recipe looks great. Does anyone know what size the bars are cut into? Can this diabetic actually have something close to pecan pie for the holidays (11 carbs!)?"
"This recipe is fantastic! It also makes plenty and is perfect for church gatherings or to take to a pot luck and still be able to leave some at home for the family to snack on. I'll be making these for the holiday cookie swap this year! Delicious!"