Simple Pecan Pie
When you need to serve a group, bake up a pan of these simple-to-fix bars. They’re yummy whether served warm or cold.—Sue Ross, Casa Grande, Arizona
36 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar and butter. Press
- into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 8-10
- minutes or until lightly browned.
- For filling, in a small bowl, whisk the corn syrup, brown sugar,
- eggs, butter, vanilla and salt; stir in pecans. Pour over crust.
- Bake 18-23 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
- Yield: 3 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 bar equals 89 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 51 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber,