When you need to serve a group, bake up a pan of these simple-to-fix bars. They’re yummy whether served warm or cold.—Sue Ross, Casa Grande, Arizona
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar and butter. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- For filling, in a small bowl, whisk the corn syrup, brown sugar, eggs, butter, vanilla and salt; stir in pecans. Pour over crust. Bake 18-23 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Pecan Pie Bars in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2009
Reviews for Simple Pecan Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review