Simple Mock Caesar Salad Recipe
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 7 cups torn romaine
- 1. In a blender, combine the vinegar, cheese and garlic powder; cover and process until combined. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream.
- 2. Place romaine in a salad bowl; drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 cup: 108 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 89mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein .
Reviews for Simple Mock Caesar Salad
"If you're in a major hurry or hate to stand in the kitchen, this version is a good choice! I have made it a number of times over the years and it's well-accepted. If you feel like it, add whatever else you want. As is, it's lightening fast!"
"This was delicious. I could not tell the difference between traditional ceasar salad. I blended the dressing in my Vitamix blender between speed 1~5. The apple cider vinegar really took the place of the lemon juice well. I added peeled chopped cucumbers and Trader Joes croutons. TY"
"This was so easy and tasted great. I'm making it again today and will forget about buying bottled dressing. Will just add some croutons for the perfect salad."