Simple Mock Caesar Salad Recipe
"I first tried this simple salad at a dinner party," recalls Carol Bland, Banning, California. "The hostess wouldn't part with her secret recipe, so I experimented until I perfected the thick Parmesan-and-garlic dressing myself."
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 7 cups torn romaine
- 1. In a blender, combine the vinegar, cheese and garlic powder; cover and process until combined. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream.
- 2. Place romaine in a salad bowl; drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 108 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 89 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC