"I first tried this simple salad at a dinner party," recalls Carol Bland, Banning, California. "The hostess wouldn't part with her secret recipe, so I experimented until I perfected the thick Parmesan-and-garlic dressing myself."
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 7 cups torn romaine
- In a blender, combine the vinegar, cheese and garlic powder; cover and process until combined. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream.
- Place romaine in a salad bowl; drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Mock Caesar Salad in Quick Cooking July/August 2002, p8
Reviews for Simple Mock Caesar Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review