Simple Mock Caesar Salad Recipe
"I first tried this simple salad at a dinner party," recalls Carol Bland, Banning, California. "The hostess wouldn't part with her secret recipe, so I experimented until I perfected the thick Parmesan-and-garlic dressing myself."
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 7 cups torn romaine
- In a blender, combine the vinegar, cheese and garlic powder; cover and process until combined. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream.
- Place romaine in a salad bowl; drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Mock Caesar Salad in Quick Cooking July/August 2002, p8
Reviews for Simple Mock Caesar Salad(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 5, 2010
This was so easy and tasted great. I'm making it again today and will forget about buying bottled dressing. Will just add some croutons for the perfect salad.