Simple Mexican Lasagna Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (16 ounces) fat-free refried beans
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 9 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups (16 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1. In a nonstick skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the refried beans, oregano, cumin and garlic powder; heat through.
- 2. Place three noodles in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray; cover with half of the meat mixture. Repeat layers. Top with remaining noodles. Combine salsa and water; pour over noodles.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until noodles are tender. Spread with sour cream. Sprinkle with olives, cheese and onions. Yield: 9 servings.
One serving (1 piece) equals 341 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 680 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat.