Simple Mexican Lasagna Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (16 ounces) fat-free refried beans
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 9 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups (16 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- In a nonstick skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the refried beans, oregano, cumin and garlic powder; heat through.
- Place three noodles in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray; cover with half of the meat mixture. Repeat layers. Top with remaining noodles. Combine salsa and water; pour over noodles.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until noodles are tender. Spread with sour cream. Sprinkle with olives, cheese and onions. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Simple Mexican Lasagna
Sort By :
"I made this recipe for the first time many months ago. We love southwest flavors, and this is a winner! The family loves it, and the recipe has now been placed amongst our family "favs"!"
"This was fabulous with a few tweaks. first, it seemed way too watery. Next time I will cut the water to 1 cup. I used a corn and black bean salsa that was great! Also I did not spread the sour cream over the lasagna; just a dollop on each serving. It was surprised at how little cheese it had, but we didn't even miss it!"
"This was an easy Lasagna recipe not having to precook the noodles. I LOVE that for convienence. I am not a big refried bean person, but it actually went well with everything. I am surprised how good this is. The only complaint I have is that the ends of my noodles didn't cook... But i chopped them off. No biggy... Thank you for the idea. Maybe next time I won't put as many black olives on either... It seemed to hinder the flavors."
"This was very yummy! My daughter who hates salsa even loved it!"
"Such a great recipe! I used a stone baking dish and coated the bottom with salsa. I added one can of hominy for some extra fiber and texture and 1/2 package taco seasoning mix. Can't wait to eat the leftovers for dinner tonight!"