Simple Mediterranean Chicken
I learned to cook with a Mediterranean flair while living in Israel. You'll find this chicken captures that wonderful warm-weather taste.
4-6 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 50 min.
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 3 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon or 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chopped pimiento-stuffed olives
- Hot cooked rice or noodles
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown chicken in 2 tablespoons
- oil. Remove chicken and set aside. Add remaining oil to skillet.
- Saute onions and garlic until tender. Add parsley, tarragon, salt
- and pepper; mix well.
- Return chicken to skillet; cover with onion mixture. Sprinkle with
- olives. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 40-45 minutes or until chicken
- is tender and juices run clear. Serve over rice or noodles. Yield:
- 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 425 calories, 28 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 102 mg cholesterol, 965 mg sodium,