I learned to cook with a Mediterranean flair while living in Israel. You'll find this chicken captures that wonderful warm-weather taste.
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 3 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon or 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chopped pimiento-stuffed olives
- Hot cooked rice or noodles
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown chicken in 2 tablespoons oil. Remove chicken and set aside. Add remaining oil to skillet. Saute onions and garlic until tender. Add parsley, tarragon, salt and pepper; mix well.
- Return chicken to skillet; cover with onion mixture. Sprinkle with olives. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 40-45 minutes or until chicken is tender and juices run clear. Serve over rice or noodles. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Mediterranean Chicken in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p45
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Simple Mediterranean Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review