Simple Meatball Stew Recipe
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) beef broth
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed golden mushroom soup, undiluted
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 4 medium carrots, cut into chunks
- 1 jar (16 ounces) whole pearl onions, drained
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- In a bowl, combine egg, bread crumbs, chopped onion, salt, marjoram and thyme. Add beef and mix well. Shape into 48 meatballs.
- In a Dutch oven, brown meatballs in oil; drain. Add broth, soup, potatoes, carrots and pearl onions; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 30 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Simple Meatball Stew(7)
Sort By :
I've turned to this recipe time and time again, and we always can't stop eating it. It's delicious. I make it and throw it in the crock pot on low when I'm going to be out for the day!
I have been making this for years and it is a favorite among family and friends. I have tweaked it over the years but it is great as is too. I do not use the pearl onions, I also bake my meatballs in the oven until brown. Everyone ask for this dish. I can't make it enough.
My family loves this meatball stew! I have made it for family and friends, and they say I'm a chef! But I know better, it's my taste of home recipes that make my meals a hit! In the winter I serve it with homemade buttermilk cornbread, and in the spring with the garlic toast. Yummy!
I baked the meatballs in the oven instead of browning them in the oil and then served this with store bought garlic bread...it was wonderful!
I needed a new recipe for a soup using ground beef, and this one was quite good. I didn't have the pearl onions (just chopped a bit of yellow onion and threw it in) or the majoram, which didn't matter...it was yummy. Some folks might find this too salty (hubby and I have terrific blood pressure and put salt on our salt) so consider the low sodium versions of soup and broth if that's of concern to you!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Stew Recipes >
- Beef Stews >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Meatball Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >