Simple Meat Loaf Recipe
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons meat loaf seasoning mix
- 1 pound ground beef
- Additional ketchup, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into a loaf and place in an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until no pink remains and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Serve with additional ketchup if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1/4 meat loaf (calculated without additional ketchup) equals 239 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 123 mg cholesterol, 493 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 25 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.