Simple Meat Loaf
Craving the homey taste of mom's kitchen? With this recipe, your kitchen will soon fill with the aroma of great dinnertime memories, and you can enjoy this traditional favorite in under an hour. Meat loaf is economical and great for leftovers. Never made it before? No need to worry, it's simple to prepare using the following recipe from our Test Kitchen.
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons meat loaf seasoning mix
- 1 pound ground beef
- Additional ketchup, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble beef over
- mixture and mix well. Shape into a loaf and place in an 8-in. square
- baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until no pink
- remains and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Serve with additional
- ketchup if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1/4 meat loaf (calculated without additional ketchup) equals 239 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 123 mg cholesterol, 493 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 25 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.