- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons meat loaf seasoning mix
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- Additional ketchup, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into a loaf and place in an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until no pink remains and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Serve with additional ketchup if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Simple Meat Loaf
Sort By :
"My husband loves this meatloaf. I bake it in 2 small loaf pans so we get 2 meals out of it with just the right portions. I would definately recommend this recipe"
"very easy to follow and make, subsituted quick oats for the bread crumbs"
"I have made this recipe for years. I have used crushed crackers instead of bread crumbs as well as I also add chopped chilli peppers or bell pepper. Great recipe!"
"This recipe is simple and very good. Instead of ground beef, I used ground bison. My husband and my daugther loved it!"
"When I made this recipe, I did not have ketsup so I used tomato sauce. This has to be the best meat loaf both my husband and I ever tasted. I cooked it is a 5 3/4 X 3" loaf pan. I will be making this recipe quite often."