Craving the homey taste of mom's kitchen? With this recipe, your kitchen will soon fill with the aroma of great dinnertime memories, and you can enjoy this traditional favorite in under an hour. Meat loaf is economical and great for leftovers. Never made it before? No need to worry, it's simple to prepare using the following recipe from our Test Kitchen.
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons meat loaf seasoning mix
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- Additional ketchup, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into a loaf and place in an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until no pink remains and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Serve with additional ketchup if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Simple Meat Loaf in Cooking for 2 Summer 2009, p60
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Simple Meat Loaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review