Simple Marshmallow Fruit Salad Recipe
For a taste of summer sunshine, Marana, Arizona’s Marian Bauerle whips up this quick, refreshing salad. “It’s pretty enough to double as a dessert,” she notes. “Peach yogurt and coconut really dress up the canned fruit cocktail.” TIP: LEFTOVER MINI MARSHMALLOWS CAN BE ADDED TO HOMEMADE TRAIL MIX OR A BOWL OF CEREAL OR USED AS A TOPPING FOR A BAKED SWEET POTATO ALONG WITH BUTTER AND CINNAMON.
- 1 can (8 ounces) fruit cocktail, drained
- 1 medium firm banana, halved and sliced
- 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/3 cup peach yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons flaked coconut
- 2 maraschino cherries, optional
- In a bowl, combine the fruit cocktail, banana and marshmallows. Combine yogurt and mayonnaise until blended; add to fruit mixture and stir to coat. Spoon into individual dishes; top with coconut and a cherry if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Marshmallow Fruit Salad in Cooking for 2 Summer 2006, p37
Reviews for Simple Marshmallow Fruit Salad(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review