Simple Marinated Vegetables Recipe
- 3 medium yellow summer squash, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 each medium green, sweet red, yellow and orange peppers, sliced or chopped
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 can (15 ounces) whole baby corn, drained
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the squash, peppers, onion, corn and carrot. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients; shake well. Pour over vegetables and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 10 servings.
One serving (3/4 cup) equals 89 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 243 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 vegetable, 1/2 fat.