Simple Marinated Vegetables Recipe
- 3 medium yellow summer squash, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 each medium green, sweet red, yellow and orange peppers, sliced or chopped
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 can (15 ounces) whole baby corn, drained
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the squash, peppers, onion, corn and carrot. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients; shake well. Pour over vegetables and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 10 servings.
3/4 cup: 72 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 325mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Simple Marinated Vegetables
"Easy to make, tasty and colorful. My company loved this salad. I will certainly be using this recipe again."