Simple Marinated Vegetables Recipe
Crisp and refreshing, this lovely veggie salad takes center stage whenever Hindy Silberstein serves it. "I like to toss it together for large gatherings and parties," she says from Highland Mills, New York. "I always place it in the middle of the table so folks have easy access. Before I know it, my 'center-piece' bowl is empty!"
- 3 medium yellow summer squash, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 each medium green, sweet red, yellow and orange peppers, sliced or chopped
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 can (15 ounces) whole baby corn, drained
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine the squash, peppers, onion, corn and carrot. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients; shake well. Pour over vegetables and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Marinated Vegetable Salad in Light & Tasty August/September 2002, p9
Reviews for Simple Marinated Vegetables
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 17, 2011
"Easy to make, tasty and colorful. My company loved this salad. I will certainly be using this recipe again."