Simple Marinated Tomatoes
When the tomatoes are ripe and fresh from the garden, this salad just can't be beat. Basil and lemon-pepper make a fine seasoning combination.Monica Wilcott, Sturgis, Saskatchewan
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + standing
- 3 tomatoes, thickly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- Place tomato slices in a shallow serving dish; sprinkle with basil.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients; pour over tomatoes.
- Let stand at room temperature for 1 hour before serving. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 58 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 16 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.