When the tomatoes are ripe and fresh from the garden, this salad just can't be beat. Basil and lemon-pepper make a fine seasoning combination.—Monica Wilcott, Sturgis, Saskatchewan
- 3 tomatoes, thickly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- Place tomato slices in a shallow serving dish; sprinkle with basil. In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients; pour over tomatoes. Let stand at room temperature for 1 hour before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Marinated Tomatoes in Taste of Home June/July 1993, p41
Reviews for Simple Marinated Tomatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review