Simple Marinated Tomato Salad Recipe
- 8 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cider or red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1. Arrange tomatoes in a serving bowl; sprinkle with parsley. Combine the remaining ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid; shake well. Pour over tomatoes. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until ready to serve. Yield: 8 servings.
One 3/4-cup serving (prepared without salt) equals 90 calories, 29 mg sodium, 0 cholesterol, 7 gm carbohydrate, 1 gm protein, 7 gm fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Simple Marinated Tomato Salad
"WOW!!!!! Yummmmmmy. Thank you Mary."
"I love the taste of this all together. Great summer dish or any time."
"Tried this - it's very good. It's great as a quick tasty side dish to grilled meats on a busy night, especially when those garden-grown tomatoes appear at the end of summer. I love no-fuss recipes like this."