- 2 pounds cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 medium red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 2 medium lemons, cut into slices
- 1 cup pitted ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a 3-qt. glass serving bowl, combine the shrimp, onion, lemons and olives. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients; shake well. Pour over shrimp mixture and stir gently to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours, stirring occasionally. Discard bay leaf before serving. Yield: 14 servings.
Reviews for Simple Marinated Shrimp
Sort By :
"Best Ever. Must do often. D"
"Totally WOW! A first I didn't think onions & shrimp were good together: Boy was I wrong! My guests loved it. I did leave out the olives because I didn't have any in the house (next time I'll try it with them).Thanks Margaret :)"
"It is quite elegant in an ice bowl. Everyone fancies me a proffesional when I make it."
"Not sure what the fuss is all about. My husband and I love shrimp and found this to be totally inedible. The flavors did not compliment each other at all."