Simple Marinated Mushroom Salad
Dorothy Pritchett of Wills Point, Texas shares this tart medley that puts mushrooms in the spotlight. The salad is well-coated with a vinaigrette made with Dijon mustard, vinegar and herbs.
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 to 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 pitted ripe olives, halved
- Lettuce leaves
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Gradually whisk
- in oil until blended. Add the mushrooms, tomatoes and olives; toss
- to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Serve in a lettuce-lined
- bowl. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup (prepared with 2 tablespoons oil) equals 176 calories, 16 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 497 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.