Simple Marinated Mushroom Salad Recipe
Dorothy Pritchett of Wills Point, Texas shares this tart medley that puts mushrooms in the spotlight. The salad is well-coated with a vinaigrette made with Dijon mustard, vinegar and herbs.
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 to 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 pitted ripe olives, halved
- Lettuce leaves
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Gradually whisk in oil until blended. Add the mushrooms, tomatoes and olives; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Marinated Mushroom Salad in Cooking for 2 Summer 2005, p 39
Reviews for Simple Marinated Mushroom Salad(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 24, 2014
Great flavor to the dressing. I preferred the salad room temperature than refrigerated.