Simple Marinated Grilled Pork Chops Recipe
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (1 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, soy sauce, garlic and pepper. Pour marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Add pork chops; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Grill chops, covered, over medium heat or broil 4-5 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°). Let meat stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Simple Marinated Grilled Pork Chops(12)
Sort By :
a nice marinate; for a variation I have added a 6 oz. can of pineapple juice
I was hoping the flavor of the brown sugar would "make" this recipe, but it was overpowered by the soy sauce :(
We enjoyed these chops. I made no changes to the recipe but would caution people to make sure to not overcook them. We grilled for 4 minutes each side and it was just right. Any longer and we would have had dried out chops.
I dont really care for pork but I loved this and so did everyone else in the family!
This recipe is a grilling staple in our home. I use boneless pork chops, and they turn out so moist and delicious!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- BBQ Pork Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easy Main Dish Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grilled Pork Recipes >
- Grilling Recipes >
- July 4th Dinner >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Labor Day Main Dishes >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Make Ahead Dinner Recipes >
- Make-Ahead Recipes >
- Memorial Day Dinners >
- Memorial Day Recipes >
- Mother's Day Recipes >