Simple Marinated Grilled Pork Chops
This marinade is so simple that I use it on all kinds of meat. For a more robust flavor, let the meat marinate in the refrigerator overnight. —Lori Daniels, Beverly, West Virginia
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (1 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, soy sauce, garlic and
- pepper. Pour marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Add pork
- chops; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 8 hours or
- Drain and discard marinade. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil;
- using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Grill
- chops, covered, over medium heat or broil 4-5 in. from the heat for
- 4-5 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for
- medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°).
- Let meat stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 pork chop equals 362 calories, 18 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 111 mg cholesterol, 695 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 37 g protein.