Simple Marinated Green Beans Recipe
"On warm Indian summer days, I like to prepare fast and fuss-free dishes that don't require heating up the kitchen," relates Sheryl Schmedeman from Spokane, Washington. This tasty side dish makes the most of garden-fresh green beans.
- 1 cup cut fresh green beans
- 2 tablespoons French salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Place beans in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Rinse in cold water and drain.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the beans, salad dressing and onion. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Spoon onto lettuce leaves; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 113 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 261 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Simple Marinated Green Beans
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC