Simple Marinated Chicken Breasts
My sister shared this recipe with me, and it has been a big hit at Farm Bureau picnics and other get-togethers.
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 2-1/2 pounds)
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; remove 3/4 cup for
- basting; cover and refrigerate. In a large resealable plastic bag,
- place the chicken and remaining marinade. Seal bag and turn to coat,
- refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken covered, over medium heat
- for 3 minutes on each side. Baste with reserved marinade. Grill 3-4
- minutes longer on each side or until juices run clear, basting
- several times. Yield: 8 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA
, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now