Simple Maple Mustard Chicken
For make-ahead convenience, Lynda Ebel of Medicine Hat, Alberta marinates these chicken breasts overnight. "Their sweet and mustardy flavor goes well with baked potatoes and a tossed salad. They'd make delightful chicken sandwiches, too," she says.
6 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Reserve 1/4 cup
- for basting; cover and refrigerate. Pour remaining marinade into a
- large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to
- coat; refrigerate for 4-8 hours, turning occasionally. Drain and
- discard marinade.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 3 minutes on each side. Grill
- 6-8 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 170°,
- basting with the reserved marinade and turning occasionally. Yield:
- 6 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.