- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Reserve 1/4 cup for basting; cover and refrigerate. Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 4-8 hours, turning occasionally. Drain and discard marinade.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 3 minutes on each side. Grill 6-8 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 170°, basting with the reserved marinade and turning occasionally. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Simple Maple Mustard Chicken
"This was a delicious recipes. I loved the flavor combinations. I broiled mine for a few minutes per side on high broil, basting frequently. The chicken chicken breasts were tender and very flavorful!"
"Great flavor good color-grilled great-really enjoyed it. Truly a keeper."
"Love marinated grilled chicken breast and this was one of the best marinades we've tried! Looking forward to making this regularly!"
"I really liked the flavor of the sauce, but the tapioca made it the consistency of snot - not appetizing. I won't be making this again, but if I did I would eliminate the tapioca and thicken the sauce with flour or cornstarch instead."
"This recipe is incredibly moist and tasty! I made it with frozen chicken tenders instead of regular chicken breasts, which allowed the marinade to soak in more and they cooked more quickly."