Simple Maple Mustard Chicken Recipe
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Reserve 1/4 cup for basting; cover and refrigerate. Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 4-8 hours, turning occasionally. Drain and discard marinade.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 3 minutes on each side. Grill 6-8 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 170°, basting with the reserved marinade and turning occasionally. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Simple Maple Mustard Chicken
Sort By :
Great flavor good color-grilled great-really enjoyed it. Truly a keeper.
Love marinated grilled chicken breast and this was one of the best marinades we've tried! Looking forward to making this regularly!
I really liked the flavor of the sauce, but the tapioca made it the consistency of snot - not appetizing. I won't be making this again, but if I did I would eliminate the tapioca and thicken the sauce with flour or cornstarch instead.
This recipe is incredibly moist and tasty! I made it with frozen chicken tenders instead of regular chicken breasts, which allowed the marinade to soak in more and they cooked more quickly.