Simple Maple-Glazed Carrots Recipe
Carrots are my favorite vegetable, so I'm always searching for different ways to prepare them. This festive dish is quick to make and nicely complements the turkey.
- 12 medium carrots, julienned
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 5 tablespoons maple syrup
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring 1 in. of water and carrots to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in another saucepan, combine the cornstarch and orange juice until smooth. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Drain carrots; transfer to a serving bowl. Pour glaze over carrots; gently stir to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup equals 205 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 338 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Simple Maple-Glazed Carrots
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC