Simple Maple Glazed Carrots
Carrots are my favorite vegetable, so I'm always searching for different ways to prepare them. This festive dish is quick to make and nicely complements the turkey.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 12 medium carrots, julienned
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 5 tablespoons maple syrup
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large saucepan, bring 1 in. of water and carrots to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in another saucepan, combine the cornstarch and orange
- juice until smooth. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a
- boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Drain carrots;
- transfer to a serving bowl. Pour glaze over carrots; gently stir to
- coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 205 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 338 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 2 g protein.