Simple Maple-Glazed Carrots Recipe
- 12 medium carrots, julienned
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 5 tablespoons maple syrup
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring 1 in. of water and carrots to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in another saucepan, combine the cornstarch and orange juice until smooth. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Drain carrots; transfer to a serving bowl. Pour glaze over carrots; gently stir to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 205 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 338mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 4g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Simple Maple-Glazed Carrots
"YUM! A different way to serve carrots, also not too sweet. Quick and easy too!"
"Wonderful And I do not like cooked carrots usually"