Carrots are my favorite vegetable, so I'm always searching for different ways to prepare them. This festive dish is quick to make and nicely complements the turkey.
Recommended: 23 Slow Cooker Side Dishes to the Rescue
- 12 medium carrots, julienned
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 5 tablespoons maple syrup
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large saucepan, bring 1 in. of water and carrots to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in another saucepan, combine the cornstarch and orange juice until smooth. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Drain carrots; transfer to a serving bowl. Pour glaze over carrots; gently stir to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Maple-Glazed Carrots in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p130
Reviews for Simple Maple-Glazed Carrots
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 3, 2012
"YUM! A different way to serve carrots, also not too sweet. quick and easy too!"
Reviewed Dec. 9, 2009
"Wonderful And I do not like cooked carrots usually"