Simple Manicotti Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 14 large manicotti shells, cooked and drained
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Remove from heat. Stir in 1 cup spaghetti sauce, onion powder, salt and pepper. Cool for 5 minutes. Set 1/2 cup aside. Add cheese to the remaining meat mixture.
- 2. Stuff into manicotti shells; arrange in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine remaining spaghetti sauce and reserved meat mixture; pour over shells.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 7 servings.
1 each: 415 calories, 19g fat (8g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 800mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 29g protein
Reviews for Simple Manicotti
"The recipe just seemed to need something extra."
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.