Simple Manicotti Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 14 large manicotti shells, cooked and drained
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Remove from heat. Stir in 1 cup spaghetti sauce, onion powder, salt and pepper. Cool for 5 minutes. Set 1/2 cup aside. Add cheese to the remaining meat mixture.
- 2. Stuff into manicotti shells; arrange in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine remaining spaghetti sauce and reserved meat mixture; pour over shells.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 7 servings.
1 each: 415 calories, 19g fat (8g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 800mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 29g protein .
Reviews for Simple Manicotti
"The recipe just seemed to need something extra."
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.