I found this recipe in a cookbook from my mother's hometown. Since everyone there is a good cook, I knew this would be terrific. One taste proved me right!—Pam Clemens, Wimbledon, North Dakota
7 ServingsPrep: 35 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 14 large manicotti shells, cooked and drained
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink;
- drain. Remove from heat. Stir in 1 cup spaghetti sauce, onion
- powder, salt and pepper. Cool for 5 minutes. Set 1/2 cup aside. Add
- cheese to the remaining meat mixture.
- Stuff into manicotti shells; arrange in a greased 13-in. x 9-in.
- baking dish. Combine remaining spaghetti sauce and reserved meat
- mixture; pour over shells.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10 minutes or until heated through.
- Yield: 7 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 415 calories, 19 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 79 mg cholesterol, 800 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 29 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet