I found this recipe in a cookbook from my mother's hometown. Since everyone there is a good cook, I knew this would be terrific. One taste proved me right!—Pam Clemens, Wimbledon, North Dakota
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 14 large manicotti shells, cooked and drained
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Remove from heat. Stir in 1 cup spaghetti sauce, onion powder, salt and pepper. Cool for 5 minutes. Set 1/2 cup aside. Add cheese to the remaining meat mixture.
- Stuff into manicotti shells; arrange in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine remaining spaghetti sauce and reserved meat mixture; pour over shells.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 7 servings.
Originally published as Simple Manicotti in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p250
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Simple Manicotti
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 4, 2012
"The recipe just seemed to need something extra."