I found this recipe in a cookbook from my mother's hometown. Since everyone there is a good cook, I knew this would be terrific. One taste proved me right!—Pam Clemens, Wimbledon, North Dakota
Recommended: 25 Foolproof Ground Beef Casserole Recipes
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 14 large manicotti shells, cooked and drained
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Remove from heat. Stir in 1 cup spaghetti sauce, onion powder, salt and pepper. Cool for 5 minutes. Set 1/2 cup aside. Add cheese to the remaining meat mixture.
- Stuff into manicotti shells; arrange in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine remaining spaghetti sauce and reserved meat mixture; pour over shells.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 7 servings.
Originally published as Simple Manicotti in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p250
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Simple Manicotti
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 4, 2012
"The recipe just seemed to need something extra."