- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash nutmeg
- 1 unbaked pie shell (9 inches)
- In a small heavy saucepan over medium heat, whisk the eggs and honey until blended. Add butter; cook, whisking constantly, until mixture is thickened and coats the back of a metal spoon. Remove from heat. Stir in the pecans, vanilla and nutmeg.
- Pour into pie shell. Bake at 325° for 25 minutes or until set. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Mama Arnold's Honey Pie in Grandma's Great Desserts Cookbook 1992, p82
Reviews for Simple Mama Arnold's Honey Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 23, 2013
"I really loved the flavor, texture and simplicity of this recipe. However, the recipe only made enough filling to half fill a nine inch pie crust! It was pretty disappointing in that respect, so next time I will double the filling amount.Also, I added lemon zest to it which was a nice counterpoint to how sweet it was."