Simple Macadamia Nut Fudge Recipe
- 2 teaspoons plus 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 4-1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 3 cups chopped macadamia nuts, divided
- 12 ounces German sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 package (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1. Line two 9-in. square pans with foil; butter the foil with the 2 teaspoons butter. Set aside.
- 2. In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, milk and remaining butter. Bring to a gentle boil. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in 2 cups nuts, chopped chocolate, chocolate chips, marshmallow creme, vanilla and salt if desired.
- 3. Pour fudge into prepared pans; sprinkle remaining nuts over top and press in lightly. Refrigerate until firm. Using foil, lift fudge out of pans. Discard foil; cut fudge into 1-in. squares. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 5 pounds.
1 piece: 72 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 14mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Simple Macadamia Nut Fudge
"I love the combination of macadamia nuts and fudge! yummmm... and the fat and calorie contents are low too!"
"Would love some macadamia nuts from Hawaii!! This fudge was terrific!! Thanks"