- 2 teaspoons plus 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 4-1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 3 cups chopped macadamia nuts, divided
- 12 ounces German sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 package (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- Line two 9-in. square pans with foil; butter the foil with the 2 teaspoons butter. Set aside.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, milk and remaining butter. Bring to a gentle boil. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in 2 cups nuts, chopped chocolate, chocolate chips, marshmallow creme, vanilla and salt if desired.
- Pour fudge into prepared pans; sprinkle remaining nuts over top and press in lightly. Refrigerate until firm. Using foil, lift fudge out of pans. Discard foil; cut fudge into 1-in. squares. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 5 pounds.
Reviews for Simple Macadamia Nut Fudge
"Ingredients lists no chocolate chips but recipe calls for them. We made it without chocolate chips and with pecans. It turned out too soft and too nutty. I have made better fudge with better consistency and with far less fuss and cost -the German's sweet chocolate alone for this recipe cost me over nine dollars!"
"How can a dibetic eat this fudge with all this sugar in it?"
"would you tell me how much choc chips?"
"This has to be excellent! I love the combination of macademia nuts and fudge! yummmm... and the fat and calorie contents are low too!"
"Would love some macadamia nuts from Hawaii!! This fudge was terrific!! Thanks"