Simple Luncheon Salad Recipe
- 6 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 2/3 to 1 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1 jar (4 ounces) sliced pimientos, drained
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups each torn Bibb, leaf and iceberg lettuce
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Colby cheese
- 2 cups green grapes, halved
- 2 cans (11 ounces each) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, celery, green pepper, pickle relish, carrot and pimientos. In another bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice, sugar, salt and pepper. Spoon over chicken mixture; toss to coat.
- 2. Combine the lettuces; place on a serving platter or individual salad plates. Top with chicken salad, cheese, grapes, oranges and almonds. Serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 464 calories, 31 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 87 mg cholesterol, 497 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Reviews for Simple Luncheon Salad
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.