Simple Lime Mousse
Simple Lime Mousse is the perfect pairing of zesty lime and fluffy whipped cream. "It's light and refreshing, especially after a meal that's left your taste buds tingling," assures field editor Shirley Glaab of Hattiesburg, Mississippi.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lime peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Lime slices and fresh mint, optional
- In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add the
- sugar, lime juice, peel and vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form.
- Spoon into dessert dishes. Garnish with lime and mint if desired.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/3 cup) equals 259 calories, 22 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 23 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.