Simple Lime Mousse Recipe
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lime peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Lime slices and fresh mint, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add the sugar, lime juice, peel and vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form. Spoon into dessert dishes. Garnish with lime and mint if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1/3 cup) equals 259 calories, 22 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 23 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Simple Lime Mousse
"I've made this several times in the past few years. It's light with a delicious citrus taste. I also tried making this with orange, instead of lime, but it didn't turn out."