Simple Lime Mousse Recipe
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lime peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Lime slices and fresh mint, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add the sugar, lime juice, peel and vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form. Spoon into dessert dishes. Garnish with lime and mint if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1/3 cup: 259 calories, 22g fat (14g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 23mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (14g sugars, trace fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Simple Lime Mousse
"I've made this several times in the past few years. It's light with a delicious citrus taste. I also tried making this with orange, instead of lime, but it didn't turn out."