Simple Lime Mousse is the perfect pairing of zesty lime and fluffy whipped cream. "It's light and refreshing, especially after a meal that's left your taste buds tingling," assures field editor Shirley Glaab of Hattiesburg, Mississippi.
Featured In: 30 Recipes for No-Bake Pies
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lime peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Lime slices and fresh mint, optional
- In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add the sugar, lime juice, peel and vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form. Spoon into dessert dishes. Garnish with lime and mint if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Simple Lime Mousse in Taste of Home April/May 2001, p9
Reviews for Simple Lime Mousse
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 15, 2010
"I've made this several times in the past few years. It's light with a delicious citrus taste. I also tried making this with orange, instead of lime, but it didn't turn out."