Pat Stevens' tasty rice side dish has colorful flecks of fresh parsley and pimientos and delivers a lip-smacking splash of sunshiny citrus flavor. Thanks to this Granbury, Texas cook for her recipe.
Recommended: 84 Lemon Recipes from Tart to Sweet
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- Dash salt
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons diced pimientos
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a small saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Stir in the rice, butter, lemon peel, garlic and salt; cover and remove from the heat. Let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in the parsley, pimientos and pepper. Fluff with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Lemon Rice in Simple & Delicious March/April 2008, p23
Reviews for Simple Lemon Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 30, 2011
"I make this rice at least once a week. It is so good and fast. I don't put pimientos and sometimes use dried parsley when I don't have fresh, but it's still good."