- 1 package (.8 ounce) sugar-free cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free lemon gelatin
- 2-1/3 cups water
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 reduced-fat graham cracker crust (8 inches)
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping
- In a small saucepan, combine pudding mix and gelatin. Add water and lemon juice; stir until smooth. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes longer or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat; cool slightly. Pour into crust. Cover and refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight. Spread with whipped topping. Yield: 8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Simple Lemon Pie
Sort By :
"Easy and delicious. I have made this many times, sometimes with actual lemon juice, sometimes with the bottled stuff, and even with the dehydrated lemon crystals. We find it is too tart as written, so I add 1/4 cup of Splenda. I have never had a problem with it thickening."
"This recipe seems to have incorrect measurements. As others mention, it did not thicken even after adding cornstarch. The flavor was just okay, not great."
"remember to give 6-8 hours to set up and remember to use cook and serve pudding"
"I wish I would have read the reviews before doing this recipe. I also tried twice in one day and could not get it to thicken. I wouldn't waste my money on the ingredients for this one!"
"To the people who say this does not thicken. Are you using the 8 oz. (large) package of pudding mix??"