Simple Lemon Ice Cream
Just five ingredients (and no ice cream maker!) are all you need to make this refreshing ice cream. We enjoy generous scoops of it in summer.
—Janet Eisner, Portland, Oregon
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- In a small saucepan, heat milk to 175°; stir in sugar until
- dissolved. Cool completely. Stir in lemon juice.
- In a large bowl, beat cream until stiff; fold in vanilla and cooled
- milk mixture. Pour into a 9-in. square dish. Freeze for 4 hours or
- until firm, stirring at least once. Remove from the freezer 10
- minutes before serving. Yield: 1 quart.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 221 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 27 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.